Whiskey in the jar
Cette très célèbre chanson traditionnelle irlandaise dont l'écriture semble dater du 17ème siècle, a été interprétée par de nombreux artistes : les Pogues, les Dubliners, et adaptée en version rock par le groupe Thin Lizzy, ainsi que Metallica, Gary MOORE, Motörhead, U2 ...
et plus récemment par Pat O' May ...
Voici néanmoins une liste de lecture de vidéos de concert du groupe actuellement disponibles
La version du texte de la chanson Whiskey in the jar que l'on chante :
- As I was going over the far famed Kerry mountains
- I met with captain Farrell and his money he was counting.
- I first produced my pistol, and then produced my rapier.
- Said stand and deliver, for I am a bold deceiver,
- musha ring dumma do damma da
- whack for the daddy 'ol, whack for the daddy 'ol
- there's whiskey in the jar
- I counted out his money, and it made a pretty penny.
- I put it in my pocket and I took it home to Jenny.
- She said and she swore, that she never would deceive me,
- but the devil take the women, for they never can be easy
- I went into my chamber, all for to take a slumber,
- I dreamt of gold and jewels and for sure it was no wonder.
- But Jenny took my charges and she filled them up with water,
- Then sent for captain Farrel to be ready for the slaughter.
- It was early in the morning, as I rose up for travel,
- The guards were all around me and likewise captain Farrel.
- I first produced my pistol, for she stole away my rapier,
- But I couldn't shoot the water so a prisoner I was taken.
- If anyone can aid me, it's my brother in the army,
- If I can find his station down in Cork or in Killarney.
- And if he'll come and save me, we'll go roving near Kilkenny,
- And I swear he'll treat me better than me darling sportling Jenny
- Now some men take delight in the drinking and the roving,
- But others take delight in the gambling and the smoking.
- But I take delight in the juice of the barley,
- And courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early
Whiskey in the Jar » est le conte d'un bandit de grand chemin qui, après avoir volé un officier militaire, est trompé par une femme. Selon les versions, le narrateur reste emprisonné pour son crime ou s'échappe pour poursuivre son amour.
BogZH Celtic Cats ! ... Rock, Rage & celtic swing / Naoned, Breizh
Page Facebook de BogZH Celtic Cats !